Adding administrators or collaborators allows the primary benefit administrator and trustee to delegate responsibilities so other members of the organization can assist with managing the plan.
Each role has different permissions within the system. To learn more about the permissions of administrators and collaborators, see here.
Here’s how to add collaborators:
1. Log in to your Guideline administrator dashboard.
2. Click on your company name in the upper right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Scroll down to the Collaborators section.
5. Click on the Add a collaborator button.
6. Enter the new collaborator’s information, then click
7. Choose the role and responsibilities of the new collaborator. Then, select Save collaborator.
Note: The primary benefit administrator can only be appointed and edited by the trustee. Only one collaborator can be assigned as the primary benefit administrator. If someone is removed and a new person is not appointed, the trustee will automatically become the primary benefit administrator and will have the responsibility of both roles.
Once the new collaborator is added, they will receive a notification prompting them to claim their account.
Please note, the new collaborator will not have access to the dashboard until they set up their account.